Your privacy is very important to us. We protect it from third parties and from other users of this service.
Information you share with us
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the Services or the support you request. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us.
Information we collect from you
Account information: If you choose to create an account with Stealth, you must provide Stealth and Discord, Inc. (“us”) with some information, which may include but not limited to username, email address, password, date of birth.
Some of our product features may not require you to create an account.
On Stealth, your profile including your username may be listed publicly. You can use either your real name or a pseudonym as your username. Your email address is kept private from other members of the service and may be used for communications between Stealth and you.
Social media account information: You may choose to sign in to your Stealth account with your social media credentials. If you choose to do this, the first time you do so you will be asked whether you agree that the social media provider may provide certain information to Stealth, such as your name, email address, profile photo, city, birthdate, profile link, professional experience, expertise, interests and other information associated with your social media account. We may use this information to help you create your account and complete your profile.
If you do not want your information to be shared with Stealth by the social media provider, then you can simply sign in to your Stealth account using your Stealth account credentials instead of your social media account credentials.
Communication information: You may choose to visit other members’ Stealth profiles and communicate with them by text, audio and video. When you do so, we may process information about which profiles you visit and may store and transfer the information you send to other users.
Startup information: You may choose to post an idea for your start-up and share it with others. Just like profiles, ideas may be public information on Stealth. When you post an idea you may share information including but not limited to a title, description, tags, stage of development, the type of help you’re seeking, and links to further information, e.g. a website or video pitch.
Upgrade information: You may choose to upgrade your Stealth account with Premium Services. When you do so, you may provide us with additional information including your billing address, and optionally a company name and VAT number. We may record this information together with what kind of Premium Service you purchased and when. We may also display a Premium Services badge next to your profile, username or other places to help you stand out from the crowd and find a co-founder faster.
Other information: Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses, participation in contests, promotions, suggestions for improvements, or any other actions performed on the Services.
Information we collect from your use of our Services
We may collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
The information that we collect includes:
Device Information: Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
Use Information: Information about how you use our Services, including your access time, “login” and “logout” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
How we use your information
We use your information primarily to help you find a co-founder, freelancer or be found and start or join a startup. And we use it secondarily to improve our Services to better help you find a co-founder, freelancer or be found and start or join a startup.
In order to do so, we may use information about you for a number of purposes, including:
Providing, improving, and developing our Services
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers
- Otherwise providing you with the products and features you choose to use
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services
- Developing new products, services and improvements
- Delivering the information and support you request, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and provide assistance for problems with our Services
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services
Communicating with you about our Services
- An integral part of Stealth are the communications we send to help you find a co-founder or freelancer. These include notifications, for example, when someone comments on an idea you shared, visits your profile, sends you a message, or calls you, as well as our newsletter, which includes useful information regarding everything start-up, co-founder and freelancer related. Should you choose to no longer receive the newsletter or other notifications, you can do so any time either by adjusting your settings, or clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email’s footer.
Protecting our services and maintaining a trusted environment
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or to otherwise help protect your account
- Protecting the security or integrity of our Services
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services
- Contacting you to provide assistance with our Services
Advertising and marketing
- Marketing of our Services
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners
- If we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to opt out of receiving future marketing or other communications
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services from time to time.
Information we share & disclose
We may share information about you as follows:
With other users of our Services with whom you interact
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you visit another user’s profile or contact them by sending a message, making a call, or when they visit your publicly available profile.
With third parties
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, credit bureaus, partners providing services on Stealth’s behalf, and other entities in connection with the Services.
- With third parties that have joined our partner network and for who we may power co-founder discovery on their websites.
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities on our behalf or in connection with our Services.
Business transfers and corporate changes
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of our Services or
- In connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
Safety and compliance with law
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, etc.); (ii) to enforce or comply with our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies; (iii) to protect our or our customers’ rights, or the security or integrity of our Services; or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
With your consent
- When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information, for example by sharing your profile or startup idea on social media.
Aggregated and anonymized information
- We also may share aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect information when you access or use our Services, including placing a piece of code, commonly referred to as a “cookie,” or similar technology on your device and using web beacons.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Stealth) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. analytics, interactive content and advertising). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Service to operate. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience of our Services. Third parties serve cookies through our websites for analytics and other purposes. We use different types of cookies:
Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with the Services available through our websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver our Service to you, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our Service functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described below under “How can I control cookies?”
Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Services but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable. To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under “How can I control cookies?”
Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Services for you in order to enhance your experience. These cookies enable analytics reporting for visitor engagement on the websites. To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under “How can I control cookies?”
How can I control cookies?
You also can learn more about cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services.
We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third party services and analytics
Examples of our third-party service providers to help deliver our Services or to connect to our Services include but may not be limited to:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how our Services perform and how you use them. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit policies.google.com/privacy. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook: We may use Facebook Connect API to allow you to connect your Facebook account to your Stealth account. To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit facebook.com/help/325807937506242/ or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here facebook.com/about/ads. We may also use Facebook to advertise and market our services.
Our Services are general audience services not directed at children, and you may not use our Services if you are under the age of 13. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf). If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Managing your information with us
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law.
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request from Stealth access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you reside outside of the European Union, you may have similar rights under your local laws.
To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your Stealth account, please see below.
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your account and updating your profile at any time. You may request a copy of your personal information by submitting a request to our support.
Deactivating or deleting your account
If you wish to deactivate or delete your account, you can do so from inside your account’s settings.
You can opt in and out of receiving promotional messages from Stealth by following the instructions in those messages. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your account is protected by the password you choose. Just like with most Internet services, the security of your information depends on this password, and how well you safeguard access to your account from others.
You can prevent unauthorized access to your account by choosing a longer password containing numbers and letters, by limiting the access to your computer and browser, and by logging out from your account when you are done using the Service.
Should you have accidentally disclosed your password to someone, or otherwise come to suspect someone might be accessing your account, you can easily change your password by choosing a new one in your settings.
While we would certainly like to be able to, we cannot guarantee the security of user information at all times. We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
Storage and processing
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the European Union, United States, and other countries.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, or if you believe our policy or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may file a complaint, and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We may keep records of your request and any resolution.
Effective Date: December 11th, 2020